SAP EWM is the strategic solution for SAP warehouse management. SAP LES and SAP WM have reached the end of their life cycle and will soon no longer be serviced by SAP.
New features and functions for warehouse management are already being developed by SAP exclusively for SAP EWM. Since S/4HANA 1909, SAP EWM has been integrated into SAP S/4HANA (Embedded EWM). Since then, the integration between SAP EWM and SAP MM and SAP SD has been driven forward directly in S/4HANA.
As an alternative for existing warehouses, the SAP Stock Room Management module was introduced as a simple warehouse management solution with the basic functions from SAP WM. However, no new functions are implemented here either.
If you manage your warehouses with SAP WM or SAP LES and wish to continue to benefit from the advantages of an optimized interaction between your logistics components and new functions in warehouse management in the future, then switching to SAP EWM can pay off. However, it is not always advisable to switch immediately. If you want to evaluate which strategy makes the most sense for your company or if you would like to find out more about the various warehouse management systems of SAP, please do not hesitate to contact us.
What is SAP Extended Warehouse Management?
- SAP EWM gives you access to automated control of warehouses of all sizes
- Fully integrated solution for warehouse management
- Management of inventory in storage locations, vehicles and resources in the warehouse
- Control of complex processes - from incoming goods to internal processes such as replenishment, inventory and additional logistical services up to shipping
- Mapping, tracking and documentation of warehouse movements
- Flexible storage structures